Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Imma talk about water baptism

"You're going for your water baptism? Really?"
"Yup~ this weekend. Why?"
"You sure or not? When you are in, you cannot come out already. Die die is Christian d!"
"Ya. But..."

Ok, so this was my conversation with my friends few years ago before I had my water baptism. They were very concern about me going to be water baptized because they think that once I'm water baptized  I'm a "copped and signed" Christian and I cannot change religion anymore. (Not that I want to) But to me, it is not like what they thought it is.

Being a Christian is having a personal relationship with God. Whether I'm water baptized or not, if I don't have a relationship with God, Jesus will not know me. And if I have a personal relationship with God, but I'm yet to be baptized, I'm sure if I'm dead and go to heaven, Jesus will still recognize me. Christianity is not a religion stated in your I/C but a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with God.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day. 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlesssness!'

How to know the will of God? Have a personal relationship with Him. How? Read the bible and pray!

I remember Pastor Bobby once told us that when he went for mission trip, one of the member came and ask him to water baptize all his friends. He was more than happy to do that. On that day, Pastor Bobby went to that place and he saw all of them smoking, full of foul languages in their mouth and tattoos were all around their body.Get the picture? So Pastor Bobby was curious and he went to that member and ask him where these people came from. And the member said this "All these are my gang members! I want them to have eternity, so I ask them all to come to be water baptized!". No! Water baptism is not a guarantee certificate for eternal life!

So what is water baptism all about? Water baptism is a public confession of your faith. That you believe in the Lord Jesus, you believe that He had died for your sins and now you are forgiven by the grace of God and accepted in the Kingdom of Christ. You confess what you believe through your action.

But more than just a public confession, water baptism symbolize Jesus's death, burial and resurrection. That after you are water baptized, you are dead towards your old sins, cover by the blood of Jesus and now you raise as a New Man in Christ.


I always thought that water baptism is only a public confession of my faith. Is like telling the whole world "Hey y'all! I'm a Christian you know! I believe in God!" full stop, end of story! Little did I know that water baptism represented more than just public confession. But there are spiritual elements in it!

I heard testimonies like someone who have tattoos all over his body was water baptized and when he came out of the water, his tattoos were all gone. Well, I din't know whether the water was dirty after that, but either way, is still a miracle! And the other one I heard is someone with smoke addiction problem was water baptized and when he came out of the water, his addiction was miraculously gone! Praise the Lord!

What I'm trying to say is, we tend to reduce the significance of water baptism. More than a public confession, water baptism symbolize us dying with Christ on the cross, nailing our old self, bury our sin nature and by the power of the blood of Jesus and the grace of God we are raise up as a New Man in Christ.

So if you are going to be water baptized soon, please don't forget what water baptism is all about. Be water baptized, declare your faith and expect a miracle from God! Whatever you need to have a breakthrough, leave it all into God's hand, bury it with Christ, and resurrect with Christ as a new being. Expect a miracle!

Hope you are blessed!

p/s: I wish I knew this before I was water baptized, then I would have believe in God for a miracle. Can I be water baptized again? please~~~~

pp/s: This are my thoughts on water baptism, leave a comment if you think otherwise! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment