Monday, February 25, 2013

my first stay in hospital

My doctor was kind enough to give me a week MC until this Friday. But after what happened today, I've decided to go back to work tomorrow. I don't think I can stand another day being unproductive. I slept rested all day, watched a few crayon sin chan videos, reply A email, sew a oversized pillow case and almost drank an expired vitagen. Super duper unproductive! Don't care if I need to bring my pillow to work, I'm going back to work!

I don't know if the injection I took was a major procedure. I know is not major enough to keep me in the hospital for any longer. In fact I discharge from the hospital about 2 hours after the injection. But it was major enough for the doctor to put me to sleep before the injection.

My memory for that day was something like this. Woke up 5:45am because the nurses came in to take my blood pressure and temperature. Waited until 9:15am for the nurses to push me down. By the time they came I was so tired I felt like sleeping. Then 4 doctors were around me to give me the needle connector thing for the anesthetic. I was then pushed into the surgery room, facing the ceiling, I saw those huge lights that they always show in the movies. I was sooo nervous my body keep shaking. The doctors was discussing about fishing and the last thing I remember was me laying faced down looking at my left hand feeling the anesthetic going into my body. 

I dreamt a lot of crazy stuff during my "hibernation". I have no idea if I mumbled the name of Jesus or some other thing during the procedure. I just remember thinking about the crayon sin chan video I watched the night before. 

And when I woke up, I already face up and out of the surgery room. They pushed me back to my room and I saw my mom and my sister. I was high that time, talking crap. I kept asking my sister why she wasn't at work. I was high! I know what I'm doing, is like when I was drunk. I somehow have the courage to do things that I don't normally do. I even texted my CG leader. I didn't texted her nonsense, it was just stuff that I will never tell her if I'm in my right mind. The anesthetic gave me enormous courage! I should be at that stage for the rest of my life! LOL!

After being insanely high for almost an hour, my body couldn't take it anymore and I finally fall asleep. After that, the doctor came up and meet us and I was discharged from the hospital.

I'm not totally OK for now, my back feels tired most of the time and I need something to lean on. It will take time and hardwork to be well. I got to do exercises and always be caution of my posture. So do believe with me that I'll be totally healed by the promise of God.

Oh! One last thing, if you ever ever have a friend that is going for a surgery or therapy or some medical procedure, please give your support and don't do things that will affect their emotion. There is this guy that came to me and say taking injection won't solve the problem. Well, I know you tell me out of concern, but seriously, I don't need that the day before my injection! It just make things worst! So for the love of God, say something positive, and don't say things that sounds like I'm heading for disaster. Not helpful at all!!!

Some other picture I took during the stay. Is all in my Instagram. Follow me @sqlim


Post a Comment